Electric toothbrushes are effective and expensive compared to manual ones. In this case, the Philips Sonicare toothbrush is far ahead in terms of popularity and effectiveness.
Hence,before buying one for you, you should know how long a Philips Sonicare toothbrush will last. Is that worth your money?
In fact, a Philips Sonicare toothbrush is usable for 2–7 years. But to a large extent, this lifespan of a Philips Sonicare toothbrush depends on some other fact including how you are using it.
We are here to tell you more about the benefits, longevity, user manual, and comparing other toothbrushes with it. Our complete guide will help you to decide what you should buy among thousands of brushes. Also you will get a clear detail about the durability period of the electric brush.
How many years does Philips Sonicare last?
Philips Sonicare is a wonderful tooth cleaning tool which is battery operated. You have to charge the battery in a certain period. And like other toothbrushes, the brush head should be changed every three months.
The most significant thing about any battery-powered electric product is, it tends to lose its efficiency over time. In that way, the Philips Sonicare lasts for 3-5 years.
How often should you buy a new electric toothbrush?
An electric toothbrush lasts for 3 to 7 years. After that, it starts to lose its efficiency. After losing the capabilities, you have to bring a new electric toothbrush.
You may ask: why replace the toothbrush every 3 months? Actually, you have to change the brush head every three months as of dentist recommendation. Besides that, the electric toothbrushes’ batteries have to be changed if needed.
It must be known that the battery’s lifespan depends on the type. Hence, we are going to share the lifespan of the battery.
What are the benefits of an electric toothbrush?
Despite the side effects of electric toothbrushes, it is still compatible with the regular toothbrushes. However, at some point, the electric toothbrush is more effective than the normal toothbrushes.
Want to why? Let’s learn all the electric toothbrushes facts that will make you convinced to buy them. Take a look below.
- Great effectiveness: Aan electric toothbrush is well-designed to remove bacteria and plaque even in hard-to-reach areas of teeth . Moreover it reduces the gingivitis and improves oral health efficiently.
- Longevity: An electric toothbrush can be used for 5-7 years without any complications if the user uses it gently. Have you ever imagined using your regular toothbrush this much? Definitely not.
- Vibration, oscillation and rotation power: Electric toothbrushes clean teeth applying the power of vibration, oscillation, and rotation. This is the reason why these powered toothbrushes are unbeatable.
- Built-in timer: An electric toothbrush has a built-in timer that alerts you when you need to stop brushing. Interesting fact is, you can set a default time period according to your needs.
- Cost-effectiveness: Once you buy a powered toothbrush, you won’t need to buy another for 2–7 years. Not only that, you need less toothpaste while using an electric brush.
- Conveniency: This special type of cleaning device works so effortlessly and conveniently that you just need to hold it well and the rest of the cleaning will be done by itself.
- Fun for kids: kids who are reluctant to brush their teeth will happily do it.
- Delicacy: the pressure sensor will alert you if you press hard on the gum. So it helps to keep your brushing gentle.
- Excellent Appearance: It can’t be denied that the electric toothbrush is more appealing than any other toothbrushes. The beautiful, shiny base and aesthetic colors attract the customer most.
Can I replace my Sonicare battery?
Initially, it’s tough to say whether sonicare battery replacement is possible or not. Despite facing some difficulties, Philips Sonicare 2 series battery replacement is possible anyway.
In the case of Philips Sonicare toothbrush dead battery replacement, the process should be done proficiently. Otherwise, due to a little mistake, you have to discard the whole toothbrush.
Are sonic toothbrushes better?
The sonic toothbrush uses high velocity and high frequency sound waves to remove plaque from the surfaces. It works so efficiently that no other toothbrush can beat it. So, depending on the cleaning mechanism, sonic toothbrushes are the best.
Do sonic toothbrushes damage teeth?
No, a Sonic toothbrush can’t damage teeth, but using it incorrectly can damage the teeth.
How much should you spend on an electric toothbrush?
If the toothbrush is disposable battery operated, the price range will be 6 to 15 dollars. The rechargeable battery price range is $40 to 150$. Moreover, the price may vary depending on the built-in sensors, the quality of the bristles, the features and the material.
How do I reset my Sonicare toothbrush?
Press the power button to turn off the brush. Wait for 60 seconds. And again, press the power button to turn it on.
What does the yellow light mean on a Sonicare toothbrush?
The yellow light indicates low battery and alert to charge. Regarding the fact you may wonder should I leave my Sonicare on the charger. Yes, you can. it’s a place where you can keep it safely and also charge it while not using it.
Through reading the article, I hope it’s clear to you how long a Philips Sonicare toothbrush lasts. So basically, the longevity of the brush depends on your use.
However, electric toothbrushes benefit us in many ways and we are spending an immense amount of money on them. So, it should be handled with care to increase it’s longevity.
Also read about – quip toothbrush not working