How you wash bath mats depends on the material. Suppose you’re to machine clean them. You would want to know what setting to wash bath mats. Toss them in your bath mats into the washer, add a gentle detergent and run to the cold setting. Once done, tumble dry on the lowest setting or hang the mats outside to dry under the sun. And never use heat to dry plastic or rubber mats, as they’ll crack or melt.
You can forget bath mats since they’re always under your feet where you indulge them shortly, then move on. Although bath mats seem to do a minor job, they also deserve excellent treatment. If you don’t have a washing machine, you can wash your tub, shower, or toilet mats weekly with water, detergent, and a soft brush.
What Setting Do You Wash Bath Mats In?
The washing machine setting for bath mats is cold. You can wash them when doing general cleaning or laundry in your house once a week. Although you may need to remember the small pieces, they also need a thorough cleaning. Stepping on clean, fluffy bath mats is satisfying. However, how you wash them depends on the kind and material. Some machines have a setting for towels.
Should You Wash Bath Mats Before Using?
You should wash your bath mats immediately after you bring them home. Even though you don’t see the need to wash them because they’re new, they can carry chemical residue, dust, dirt, and fluff. You may feel that washing new bath mats isn’t essential because it only touches the feet, but it is because they’re in your house.
Taking Care Of Rubber-backed Bath Mats-
Since it’s not advisable to wash rubber-backed bath mats in your washing machine, pay attention to the following precautions.
- Don’t use chlorine bleach to disinfect or whiten the mat, as it will cause the rug to flake. However, you can use oxygen-based bleach, let the mat soak for some minutes, and follow the care label to get the best results.
- Disinfect bath mats using pine oil.
- Never put your rubber-backed bath mat in a dryer or use an iron, as the heat can cause the rubber to deteriorate. Air drying is the best option.
What Temperature To Wash Bath Mats?
To ensure that you’re washing bath mats in the machine correctly, set your machine in a cold setting. Bath mats are crucial to prevent your feet from slipping on the cold floor after a bath or slipping. Hence, washing them is also suitable for keeping your bathroom clean and fresh. To ensure you’re washing your mats correctly, read the manufacturer’s guidelines. They’re given based on the mat’s material type.
How To Wash Bath Mats In The Washing Machine?
Ensure you understand your washing machine’s various functions, so you know when to use the hot or cold setting. Lucky for most modern washing machines today are well labeled to help the user pick the right setting for a specific wash. So, if you own the LG washer, what cycle for bath mats? Choose a gentle wash and use cold water with a bit of liquid detergent. It will clean them and leave them fluffy.
The Process Of Washing Bath Mats In A Washing Machine-
Most bath mats are washable in a washing machine, but check the care instructions to ensure you’re doing it right.
- Shake the mat to remove any debris.
- Use a stain remover to get rid of the stain, if any.
- Toss the bath mats into the washing machine, add a little detergent, and select the cold cycle.
- Place the mat on a clothing rack to dry.
When To Wash Bath Mats?
You must wash bath mats regularly, beginning the first time you purchase them. Here are the reasons for cleaning them often.
- During transit, bath mats are packed in boxes or materials that can leave chemicals on them.
- Most bath mats are fluffy, meaning they collect dirt easily and get trapped inside the fabric if they aren’t washed often.
- Since bath mats are moist daily, they can easily grow mold or mildew. So, washing them regularly will keep them clean and prevent such scenarios.
Wash Bath Mats By Hand-
Washing your bath mats in a washing machine is the best way. However, if your bath mats can’t go into the machine, handwashing is what you do. Here are the steps to follow.
- Shake the bath mat to remove debris.
- Treat any stain.
- Put a reasonable amount of water and add a gentle detergent.
- Put the bath mats in your tub and scrub.
- Rinse off the detergent with cold water till clean
- Hang it to dry or place it outside on a flat surface.
Do You Wash A Bath Mat In Hot Or Cold Water?
You should wash bath mats with cold water. Rubber-backed or plastic bath mats are not ideal for cleaning in a machine because they disintegrate and destroy the machine. Additionally, they get spoiled because of the twists and turns in the washer. So, to wash them regularly, you need a brush, detergent, and cold water. Spread the mat on flat ground, sprinkle water and a little detergent, then scrub till clean. Rinse it twice or three with clean water, then hang it to dry under the sun.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do Bath Mats In Washing Machine?
You can wash bath mats in your washing machine, depending on their type and the material they’re made of. Some bath mats have a rubber or plastic back and can quickly disintegrate and get destroyed.
Can Bath Mats Go In The Dryer?
Your bath mats will look great if you tumble-dry them on low heat. Drying your bath mats on a warm or hot setting can cause them to shrink or change their look and form.
Do Bath Mats Ruin Washing Machine?
Bath mats with rubber back can ruin your washing because they disintegrate during the wash cycle. The tiny rubber pieces block the drain pump, which obstructs the motor, meaning you must replace it often.
What setting to wash bath mats? The cold setting on your washing machines will ensure the highest cleanliness of your bath mats. It’s recommended to wash two bath mats at a go and throw in the towel for the best results. Depending on your bath mats’ material, read the wash label and follow the directives fully. Some bath mats have rubber or plastic backs, meaning you can’t wash them in a machine to avoid spoiling them.
Also read – How Many Bath Mats Do I Need?