Certainly, a butane torch lighter can do more than just light cigarettes. With them, you can weld different metals, light a wildfire or melt cheese. You can give unlimited uses to these things.
However, butane torch lighters have a limited gas capacity. When this happens, it’s convenient to refill the tank to have a strong flame. Interestingly, many torch flame lighter owners don’t know how to refill the tank. If that’s your case, don’t worry.
In this article you’ll learn how to refill a butane torch lighter in simple and easy to understand steps. You’ll also learn how to use the gadgets in your kitchen.
What is Butane Torch?
A butane torch is a gadget that’s used to heat, burn or melt different materials. It emits a strong and stable flame fueled by butane at very high pressure. The user controls the size of the flame by varying the gas flow.
These gadgets have a limited capacity. So, they constantly need to be refilled to continue operating. In addition, there are different ways to refill a butane tank depending on the model of the torch. To do it the right way, it’s convenient to take a look at the user manual.
How to Use Butane Torch to Cook?
Butane torches are practical in any kitchen. With them, you can roast vegetables and marshmallows or prepare a delicious Crème Brulee. However, for best results, you need to learn how to use your torch the right way.
To cook with a butane torch, follow these steps:
- First of all, you nee to set the flame at a medium size. To do it, move the plastic that controls the flame size to the middle of the rail.
- Then, turn the knob that controls the gas flow to open position. Usually, you can find it on the top of the torch nozzle.
- After that, press the button behind the nozzle to turn on the torch. On some models, you need to push two buttons at the same time to turn on the flame.
- Move the flame closer to the foods you want to cook. Don’t hold the flame in the same position for at the long time to not burn the food. Move the flame in different directions for best results.
Step by Step Guide to Refill Butane Torch Lighter
Refilling the tank of a butane torch lighter is the easiest thing to do. First of all, make sure to buy a butane refill canister compatible with your torch. Also, carefully read the user manual of the product.
After following these previous steps, you need to do this:
- Remove the plastic cap that protects the nozzle of the refill canister.
- After that, put the torch upside down. Identify the refill hole on the base of the butane torch.
- Then, insert the nozzle of the refill canister into the refill hole. Hold the canister in vertical position.
- After that, push the nozzle against the hole for about 10 seconds. Then, remove the nozzle from the hole.
Some butane torches don’t need to be refilled. These models have a metal container where you insert the refill canister. To replace the canister, you just need to follow these steps:
- First of all, remove the plastic cap from the nozzle of the refill canister.
- Then, put the torch upside down. Unscrew the plastic cap on the base.
- After that, pull out the old butane canister.
- Then, insert the new refill canister. Make sure the nozzle of the canister fits inside the hole at the bottom of the container.
- Finally, screw the plastic cap on the base.
After inserting the new canister, make sure there are no gas leaks inside the container. If you hear a slight hiss in the tank, the gas is probably escaping.
As you can see, you don’t need to be an expert to refill a butane torch lighter. You just need to carefully follow the tips on this DIY guide. But before getting started, make sure to read the user manual of the product. The refilling procedure may vary in some models.